Hi November

A new month has come, I fill myself with spiritual enlightenment, trying to re-straighten my life, and helping as many people as I can is a great progress to my life.

"If u get lemon in ur life, try to make it into lemonade" -
This is the saying that fills my heart and I try to acquire this mental attitude towards my life. Be positive!

David Copperfield book is the book that I wanna read and analyze this month apart from such magazines like awake! and watchtower, which I surely focus to read. Time to read more often.

Another business to come. I plan to open a bookshop for encyclopedia, so anyone interested with imported books of knowledge, u can always contact me here. ^^

Anyhow, see you again next month. Hope is an anchor so we are not drifted away. Have hope in better future!

P.S: Instead of the usual chinese tea, I kinda consume more lemon tea nowadays. Hihihi


Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Tale of Despereaux


Once upon a time there was a charming tale of a wee little mouse with wide-open eyes and ears as large as saucers. Named Despereaux Tilling, the mouse grew up, though not by much, to become a reader of books and the besotted friend of a lovely human princess named Pea. In time he saved the day, battling an army of rats.

Despereaux has to triumph over both his home life (he’s far too bold for the other mice) and the forces of darkness shrouding Dor. What’s particularly sweet about his journey is that it begins with a book he was supposed to nibble, not read. I am so impressed when Despereaux read it and really made me picture all that...:) The story he reads is a fairy tale about a sad princess and a brave knight, an adventure that periodically springs to expressive life because Despereaux doesn’t merely read this tale, he visualizes it so we see it too.

This movie also has a wonderful moral for children, even for us. Despereaux transforms, from a bold little mouse into a great big hero, and he can do that with his chivalry, loyalty, and courage. It teaches us how important it is to have courage, and how does grief can lead us to a lot of misconducts, misunderstandings, and forgiveness just swept it all away. “The Tale of Despereaux” is on the side of kindness, not cruelty.

I find it particularly hilarious when watching the movie. First, it told us a story of Roscuro, a rat who was unique and loves light and friendship, unlike the other rats. One day, he arrived at the Kingdom of Dor, full of human being, of course...hehe, and in there, they were celebrating the SOUP DAY, so the chef is really focused on cooking the soup. Once, the soup is ready, the chef is about to present to the Queen and cos of Roscuro's falling down to the Queen's soup, the queen is shocked to death. Therefore, the king's grief over his wife makes him issue a law that soup is forbidden and rats are illegal, causing clouds over Dor for a long time and sadness...

Anyway, I really enjoy this movie, if you wanna know more, just watch it, this movie is adopted from the book by Kate DiCamillo. Very impressive, good job... Very much recommended!


2 comments:

  1. The narration is cool, but it is better to watch, right?
    So, my dear friend Cath.. Would you mind lending me the film, hehe..
    Thanks for the recommendation, indeed we really need some entertainment for our hectic days ^_^

    ReplyDelete