Hi November

A new month has come, I fill myself with spiritual enlightenment, trying to re-straighten my life, and helping as many people as I can is a great progress to my life.

"If u get lemon in ur life, try to make it into lemonade" -
This is the saying that fills my heart and I try to acquire this mental attitude towards my life. Be positive!

David Copperfield book is the book that I wanna read and analyze this month apart from such magazines like awake! and watchtower, which I surely focus to read. Time to read more often.

Another business to come. I plan to open a bookshop for encyclopedia, so anyone interested with imported books of knowledge, u can always contact me here. ^^

Anyhow, see you again next month. Hope is an anchor so we are not drifted away. Have hope in better future!

P.S: Instead of the usual chinese tea, I kinda consume more lemon tea nowadays. Hihihi


Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The International Youth Camp 2009, day 4

Ok the schedule for day 4 on 14th of June was like this:

09.00-12.00 Attending Fashion Show (national dress)





Above: From Malaysia


Above: From Philippines


Above: From Singapore (though I believe the national dress that they were wearing belong to India, hehe, salwar/ punjabi suit)


Above: From Thailand

So, during this, the delegates will show their national dress, like the Koreans would wear their hanbok, their national dress, and Indonesians would wear kebaya. I didn't join this one, hiks, I know, too bad, but I was so badly having my fever. I was glad to still come in the afternoon, cos no matter what I have pledged myself not to let my university down.

03.00--03.30 Leaving for SMAN1 Medan (high school) and "Taman Beringin" (Beringin Park)
03.30- 05.30 Informal meeting at SMAN1 Medan and Planting friendship trees at Beringin Park (collaboration with green teachers Indonesia, Local government and University of Sumatera Utara)

So, for this one I joined. We were given the same sweatshirts, BUT my sweattshirt was too large for me, hiks, but It's ok and we had to plant friendship trees called Gaharu trees, but prior to that we still had to join a meeting at SMAN1 Medan, it's one of the top high schools in Medan. There were some dances and speeches again. Here was a glimpse.


Then, we went to Beringin Park for planting frienship trees.


All of the delegates were classified in their own countries, Thailand had its own special area, as well as China, Korea, Singapore, and so on. Even my university, USU (University of Sumatera Utara) had its own space. Even I am from Medan, but I am a Chinese, cos of my Chinese blood and a little bit Japanese from grandpa, so I call myself Chinese Indonesian. That's why the Chinese delegates asked me and Yose to join them in planting tree in the China space, and I did that. ^_^


Above: The Chinese delegate


Above: Yose and I were with the Chinese delegates planting Gaharu tree.




And I also had my university space...




Then, from the park, we went home and we had a closing ceremony to attend in the evening around 7.30 pm. And I was told abruptly that I would be the valedictorian, you know, a speaker who gave speech about impression and stuffs, and so that night I gave my sudden, nearly impromptu speech, and thank God, it went successfully.


I got my certificate that night, and oh well, what a farewell party it turned.


Indeed, I have learnt some things from this event:
1. The entrepreneurship itself
What is entrepreneurship? What is the government's role in the youth empowerment, entreprenurship in particular? And what are the drawbacks of youth entrepreneurship in Asian countries?

2. Culture
- Indonesian culture is rich, Bataknese dances are cool
- The cross culture between the delegates and Indonesians

3. Friendship
Making friends is something that I will always treasure in my life. Thank God I met a lot of nice friends from different countries.

Go for Youth International Youth Camp!

P.S: We still had one trip to go the next day, but that was out of the program, only a tour as a bonus from the program, we went to Lake Toba, I would share about this one in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment