Hi November

A new month has come, I fill myself with spiritual enlightenment, trying to re-straighten my life, and helping as many people as I can is a great progress to my life.

"If u get lemon in ur life, try to make it into lemonade" -
This is the saying that fills my heart and I try to acquire this mental attitude towards my life. Be positive!

David Copperfield book is the book that I wanna read and analyze this month apart from such magazines like awake! and watchtower, which I surely focus to read. Time to read more often.

Another business to come. I plan to open a bookshop for encyclopedia, so anyone interested with imported books of knowledge, u can always contact me here. ^^

Anyhow, see you again next month. Hope is an anchor so we are not drifted away. Have hope in better future!

P.S: Instead of the usual chinese tea, I kinda consume more lemon tea nowadays. Hihihi


Thursday, August 20, 2009

Base Line

This morning, I woke up, thinking of something big to happen, something enjoyable. Well, I believe everyone expects something good happens to him all the time, n especially me at the moment. Each day seems a frenzy of manic activity, a marathon of hurdles like coping with excessive paperwork, my study and my daily work. Pheewh! I dun remember when the last time I got my recreation. Looking back to my past, I used to hang out with my friends very often, almost everyday. But if somebody asks me if I want to go back to those days, high possibly I will say "No". Why? I'm not really sure. Hanging out isn't the answer, I guess. Granted, my past has a lot of memories - mostly sweet, but it's not something that I am contented with.

I always question myself: Is human supposed to be satisfied? Or else? Is it true that we mustn't "stop till we reach the top"? And who is going to set the parameter of what 'top' actually is. Is it myself? Then, why am I never satisfied even though I have reached the top?

A friend of mine ever shared to me about what he called as 'base line'. Every human being has the base line, that it is simply the base of what we want. A person sets a goal, then after he has reached the goal, he is undeniably going back to the 'base line'. He merely thinks or feel normal about that, he might be excited for a while, but won't be long cos he's not satisfied and will ask for more.U get what I mean? Humans are never satisfied if they don't maintain the perspective of their own base lines.

An actor, once liked fooling around with girls, having sex and abusing drugs, eventually found out that he's suffering from HIV infection. Starting that point, he was seeing everything in different perspective, realising that he's gonna pass away soon. Every single minute seemed very precious to him. He appreciated people more than ever. Every single moment was enjoyable, like a blessing. Do u think why it is so? Simply because the perspective in the base line has changed. People like him are satisfied, or I should say 'close to satisfaction', cos they know how to maintain the balance of what they should get or they shouldn't get.

How to be happy? There are varieties of of answers for this. It doesn't matter. But when a person is satisfied with what he wants, what he gets, his family, his environment, his society, he is probably the happiest person alive. To be satisfied, base line should be set with certain realistic perspective.

Can I do that? Not really sure, but am trying hard for that. I Am trying to see everything from 'base line', be satisfied with my work, my life generally.


No comments:

Post a Comment